7 Reasons Aloe Makes Awesome Skincare
Our love letter to an amazing ingredient
It’s hardly a mystery that aloe vera is good for the skin. The plant itself is a type of succulent that has its origins in the Arabian Peninsula but can be cultivated easily around the world. As a commodity, it’s estimated to have an annual market of $13 billion, which isn’t that surprising if you think about it. Aloe vera is used in a variety of skincare lines and is even sold on its own as a sunburn soother. Here’s a few reasons why GREY uses aloe in HYDRATE | Men’s Night Cream with Deep Hydration:
- Antioxidant and Antibacterial. Aloe vera is rich in antioxidants that fall into the category of polyphenols. Combined with other components in aloe, these polyphenols have been shown to reduce and prevent the growth of certain bacteria (1).
- Burn Balm. Aloe vera’s most well-known property is its ability to treat first and second-degree burns. In 4 recent studies, it’s been found that aloe has the ability to reduce the healing time for burns by 9 days (2). This kind of potency and effectiveness makes it a huge asset for dotGREY’s skincare.
- Smoothing the Skin. Recent research has shown that the application of aloe vera to the skin can promote the production of collagen and increase the skin’s elasticity (3).
- Anti-Acne. Aloe gel contains two hormones, Auxin and Gibberellins, that promote wound healing and reduce inflammation. Both promote cell growth and minimize scarring so acne can go away quicker and skin can be restored easier.
- Minimizing Marks. Aloe’s healing properties have been shown to cause stretch marks (marks made by rapid weight gain and loss) to either fade or restore completely.
- Awesome Aftershave. Aloe has been used by some as an effective aftershave treatment. It both hydrates the skin and aids in the healing of any nicks or razor burn!
- Moisturizing Magic. Aloe has the ability to moisturize skin without leaving a greasy feeling afterward or risk clogging pores.
Now perhaps you see why GREY is so enamored with aloe vera! Let us know about any of your aloe experiences in the comments below or on social media!