6 Ways Chamomile Saves Your Skin
Meet one of our favorite skincare ingredients
Throughout history, the chamomile flower has been used for a variety of ailments. From nausea, pain, to simple relaxation this ingredient is as multipurpose as it comes. While chamomile is the most well known for its use in tea, GREY finds that it’s an incredibly effective component in our WASH | Men’s Daily Face Wash. Here is a few reasons love we chamomile and you should too:
- Away With Acne. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties that make it ideal for people who are prone to breakouts. It has also been used to treat skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, or assorted rashes.
- Gorgeous Glow. By moisturizing and restoring the skin, chamomile gets skin glowing. Many have claimed it’s a natural skin lightener, and have used it to create an overall more healthy looking visage.
- Seeps into Skin. The general viscosity of chamomile oil is ideal for sinking into pores to promote deeper healing.
- Anti-Anything. Chamomile is packed with anti-fungal, antibacterial, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties. This helps to keep your skin healthy and free from infection, inflammation, and other damage.
- Soothing Scratches. Chamomile has historically been used to treat open wounds or cuts. Many have recorded an increase in the rate of healing when chamomile has been applied. Using the flower in skincare aids in the healing of any minor abrasions like razor cuts.
- Roll Back Wrinkles. The chamomile flower contains levomenol, which has been shown to have both moisturizing and anti-inflammatory abilities. These properties can help prolong the skin’s elasticity and help retain a more youthful look.
What do you think of chamomile? Let us know in the comments below or on social media!