Founded in 2016, GREY is a men’s lifestyle brand and magazine that celebrates individuality by shining light on people who have broken free of society’s constraints. We educate you with the latest fashion, career advice, and city hotspots to spruce up your life and cast labels aside. It’s time to redefine yourself.
If you are intrigued by remarkable stories from ordinary people, if you are constantly curious and challenge the conventional wisdom, if you are a thinker as well as a doer, we want you to join GREY. Our sole mission is to bring people together by celebrating unexpected wins from nonconformists around the world.
Business Development Managers are responsible for locating, developing, negotiating, and closing business relationships with clients. The BDM identifies and pursues new opportunities, serving as the liaison between clients and internal teams, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our products according to client needs, and elevate the entire customer experience. The primary goal is to increase client acquisition, total sales and gross profit through focused business development and sales strategies. Our ideal candidate is able to anticipate and identify client needs as well as exceed client expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-level college/university
- At least 1-year sales and business development experience
- Fluent in business communication both verbal, in-person, and via email
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Create and manage initiatives that result in revenue growth
- Develop new advertising sales customers to increase revenue
- Conduct research to generate prospects (Chamber of Commerce lists, competitive titles, local visitor’s guides etc.)
- Contact potential advertisers (advertising agencies and clients) over the telephone, in writing and via personal sales calls and group presentations
- Contact current advertising accounts to enhance customer satisfaction, upgrade accounts and/or sell new categories of advertising to further increase revenue; resolve customer problems
- Prepare media kits, proposals, and contracts
- Maintain open lines of communication with management to accurately forecast business and promptly respond to customer needs
Work Environment & Compensation:
- Paid based on experienced and output
- Remote work arrangement with a flexible schedule
- Independent execution, team collaboration for brainstorming
- Expect 40% communication on slack, 20% via email, 20% via phone call, 20% via in-person, and the rest telepathically