WE BELIEVE IN A WORLD WHERE ALL IDEAS HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SUCCEED.
Black Girl Ventures works to create access to capital for Black and Brown women founders. The BGV Pitch Competition flips the traditional pitch competition on its head: we allow the audience to donate, eliminate the panel of judges, and empower the community (audience) to ask questions and vote for the winner. Donations are optional. Our partners include Google Cloud for Startups, HubSpot for StartUps, Made by Google, and Shulman Rogers.
We will host our first BGV Symposium at Google NYC. Stay tuned for announcements on programming that will be happening during the day. We will make program announcements throughout out the year.
How BGV Pitch works?
- Attend the event.
- Listen to dynamic women pitch their businesses.
- Vote with your dollars. Donate from $5+ to the idea you favor. Your donations go to the women!
- All 8 women receive seed funding and/or resources for their business based on your donations.
Winners will receive over $5,000 in cash and prizes including:
- Cash from the audience donations
- $3,000 in Google credits
- Brand new Google Pixel Book (1st Place Only)
- A consultation with a lawyer
- A consultation with an accountant
- 5 hours of business coaching with Shelly Bell
- NEXT Membership which provides access to affordable legal services by Shulman Rogers.
- 50% off of Penji monthly services, a platform to help you bring your brand to life through graphic design and web design.
- Access to the Hubspot Start Up program
Pitch participants must identify as women and Black or Brown. However, audience participation is NOT specific to race, gender, creed or identity. Apply to pitch.
Light food and drinks will be served. [Please bring a valid ID]
This event is open to the public.
We believe that the future of inclusion is NOT to create more silos, but that we can be leaders for Black/Brown women and everyone can help us do that. Everyone can cheer on and advocate for women founders at BGV!
Even if you’re unavailable to attend you can support women entrepreneurs by donating. The Black Girl Ventures Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are charitable donations.
Please note: There will be photography and videography at this event for promotional purposes. Your RSVP is an acknowledgment of photography and videography.
Got questions? We have answers! Email us at [email protected].